Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Intervene

Sometimes I do things without thinking. You know, pick my nose in public, shout profanities at slow-moving vehicles, physically express exasperation at Woman who parks her cart in front of the dairy section at Trader Joe's and contemplates ALL THE DAIRY while trying to decide what to purchase when, really, well, she can do that. It is a free world. Who am I to complain? I'm not the boss of her.*

Lately, I have not been thinking correctly in my dealings with Stella. I have been acting irrationally. This has resulted in the following:

  • changing her diaper when she doesn't want it changed
  • wiping her nose when she doesn't want it wiped
  • cleaning her face when she doesn't want it cleaned


According to Stella this has simply got to stop.


*For the record. It's like people who go to McDonald's and stand there and look up at the menu. Like you haven't been going there YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. This bugged me to no end when I worked there.

Me: Welcome to McDonald's. Can I help you?
Customer staring slack-jawed at menu: Do I want a cheeseburger or a hamburger. Let. Me. Think.
Me: Take your time.
Customer: Takes their T.I.M.E.

No comments: