Sunday, July 27, 2008

On Harstine Island

We just returned from a messy spell on Harstine Island where we visited with my dad. We were able to spend time outside in the middle of the day. This is major if you're from Phoenix. Some of the highlights:

Stella enjoyed playing in "the jungle" outside.

We went to a farmer's market with a pie lady who sells out her pies in the first ten minutes. We bought a very tasty apricot pie. I think I loved it so much because it was not just sweet but tangy, too.

Deer and squirrels ate our leftovers. They came by the back porch every day.

There was a large park in downtown Shelton that we went to a few times. The bridge was a highlight. It was also a great place to dispose of household garbage.

Lots of coloring:



We ate meals outside. Especially when the meals themselves would prove messy:

3 comments:

faithsalutes said...

I spent a few days outside this weekend and I was so grateful for it.

I love purple lips. Cute.

Tara T. McIlrath said...

Hi. Manuela, Brad and I are looking at your blog. Loved the pics

Tara

jmgb said...

fun! love your girls...