Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Her Night Moves

Gianna lays in bed for a long time, I mean a long time, before she falls asleep. She comes out frequently. She gets spanks and lots of times she gets lovingly tolerated because she does stuff like this:

"Mama, where are we going?"

I reach for the wooden spoon snuggled up beside me and show it to her.

"Mama, I love you very much." She says this with the cute little thrust of her three year old speech. "Mama, I love you and Stella and Dada and Rowena very much."

"Oh, good, Gianna. I'm very glad."

Then she turns and goes back to bed.

1 comment:

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

Alishia, you are not the first white woman to confess her longings for a little dark man in her life. I guess only us infertile girls get to convince their husbands what a good idea it is to actually adopt one. 'Can't wait 'til your tiny man arrives...and then I have a tiny feeling you won't be jealous anymore!