Thursday, April 26, 2007

So Sweet She Has No Idea

Stella just went off on a play date with her friends, Tara and Eric. She didn't even cry when she had to stop watching Sesame Street. This is how much she likes them.

I had to send her with a bag of diapers and a change of clothing because of her, shall we say, potential for bodily fluid overflow today.

When I came back inside I thought about the contents of the little bag she was clutching as she got into the car--how she had no idea I had to send along extra clothing just in case. And the thought broke my heart just a little because she's still so little and innocent.

4 comments:

Christa said...

That's so darling. Little Stell, my heart weeps you're so cute.

Unknown said...

No, you're not good at small talk -but you know how to go deep and the proof is this post. It's one of the sweetest things I've read in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are posting again. I missed your perspectives. Did you know Faith is moving back? OH, Qnd Ava had her first swim lesson. Thanks for the referral.

faithsalutes said...

That made me want to have a child.