Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Kid Likes High Fiber Cereal

As I write this Stella is on her third bowl of Trader Joe's High Fiber Cereal for the day. I shit you not. (Pun intended!)

This might seem like a really great thing for a two year old to love, but consider the result. Yesterday there were three diapers of the "Number Two" persuasion to change. There were four on Sunday! Four. The Sabbath. The Day of Resting. Not the Day of Changing Many Number Twos by a (sniff, sniff) Two Year Old.

I laughed as I was tried to teach her the word "bran" when she wants that particular cereal as opposed to her guttural grunting. It went something like this:

"Stella, say 'Bran.'"
"Dan."
"Bran."
"Dran."
"BRRRAN."
"THRAN"
"BBBRRRRAN."
"Wan."
"Bran."
"Whazat?"

It's good to eat bran and other high fibers. I like to think of the "insoluble fiber" coursing through my colon soaking up renegade food particles and preventing the development of cancerous polyps.

We all like this particularly bland bran cereal. We go through two boxes a week. We're just your regular old fam-a-dam.

(Pun intended!)

2 comments:

faithsalutes said...

omg. i am laughing really, very hard. so gross.

jmgb said...

i can always trust that you shit us not.

always.