Friday, April 14, 2006

The Natural Order

A funny thing happens once you have a child--people no longer come to visit you, no one calls to see how you're doing and no one invites you to parties anymore. Let me explain: people come to visit Stella, people call to see how Stella's doing and people invite me to bring Stella to parties.

Now let me say that I don't feel sorry for myself. I can remember feeling bored with talking about myself on numerous occassions. For example, I remember being in college and hating those seasonal small talk questions that you got at the beginning and end of every semester.

Let's play a game called "Guess the Semester and Whether it's the Beginning or End."
1.) "How was your summer?"
2.) "What did you do over Christmas?"
3.) "What are you going to do over Christmas?"
4.) "What are you going to do over the summer?"

I think that regardless of your education level you don't need me to tell you the correct answers. But if you do, don't be embarrassed to ask me.

I digress.

Now I can talk about Stella. Her life is much more interesting (and by interesting I mean that we can talk of developmental stages met!) than mine. I already know how to eat solids. In fact, I take eating solids for granted. I can also sit up. And hold things! But somehow this is much more interesting when learned for the first time.

Above you see Stella eating. Her Grandma Go Go was feeding her. Cool. See, if I posted a picture of myself eating that wouldn't be very cute. And if my food was all over my face you might worry--or think I needed a ghostwriter.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Stella is SO cute. Oh my gosh!

To answer your question, we move because of my husband's job. Not quite as exciting as a witness protection program! Next move: August to Mexico City.