Monday, April 17, 2006

When Friends Part Ways

I recently had a falling out with one of my favorite friends. We used to spend a couple nights a week together. Then this friend started showing up with all these problems, malfunctions or "issues." This was disturbing. I don't enter friendships wanting to fix people. I don't like having to work through things. It's just not, I don't know, well, yes I do. It's not fun. I started this relationship looking for fun. And it just wasn't fun anymore. Whenever this friend showed up I was immediately excited, anticipating their arrival, then things would quickly unravel. I was starting to be disappointed all the time.

I decided to call it quits. I canceled my friendship by writing a "Dear John" letter. Now my friend doesn't visit anymore. And to be honest, I don't miss them that much. It's funny, too, because for a while I was telling everyone about this friend.

Want to know what the letter said? Of course you do:

Dear Netflix,
Thanks for all the scratched DVDs.
I know how to quit you!
Sincerely,
Alishia

I would've called them to tell them this, but you try and find a customer service number on their website. Impossible. They left me hanging in the middle of "24" season one. I'm stuck in limbo at 8:00 a.m.

No comments: