Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Halfway There

Jamie starts school again today. I try not to think about how all-consuming it is, however, I did wake up in the middle of the night with a bit of dread. Definitely dread and not anxiety or fear.

I can't wait until law school is over but I must also be able to enjoy the process. My children are young and if I was only focused on the date that law school is over I wouldn't be able to enjoy the girls at the ages they are and will be in the near future. It would be a real hardship if I was incapable of enjoying life right now.

I don't want to be a downer so that's all I'm going to say about the beginning of his fourth of six law school semesters.

2 comments:

Tara T. McIlrath said...

Can I relate or what!?! I am so tired of being in residency. But life does not begin when residency or law school is over. Life is right now and I am thankful for the reminder. Loved Stella's songs, by the way.

Anonymous said...

It will be over sooner than you think. I cannot believe I'm on Spring Break in my last semester. Keep up the good work, both of you.